Author Topic: Announcement (Posting SPAM)  (Read 2568 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Re: Announcement (Posting SPAM)
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2018, 11:18:24 AM »
Reminder that I cross check every email account that is submitted. I will automatically BAN emails that show up, account names, and IP addresses without even a thought. All three are generally banned together. If I find patterns like similar IP address that share an array I will ban the entire scope. Generic emails like @gmail.com I check as well and anything with too many dots get banned and I will ban the not period version of that email so don't bother. The more SPAM that comes in, the stronger our block control gets, so it doesn't bother me.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #31 on: December 27, 2018, 08:59:41 PM »
Thanks for the SPAM because now I was able to narrow down a few top octets that were heavily known for spamming. BLOCKED  ;D
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2019, 11:19:37 AM »
Thanks for the SPAM because now I was able to narrow down a few top octets that were heavily known for spamming. BLOCKED  ;D
This has made such an improvement on our fight against SPAM.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2019, 03:40:03 PM »
We can now block based on location. I found https://www.countryipblocks.net/country_selection.php which lets you find out a location or countries IP ranges.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2019, 11:34:10 AM »
Getting A TON of ban triggers from the IP range 144.76.23.1 to 144.76.23.254 which have been blocked for awhile. That range has over 1950 triggers.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »
I've decided to discontinue all new members due to SPAM. Any new members will need to directly contact an existing member. If you don't know any that unfortunately you don't be able to until this stop has been lifted.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2019, 08:38:42 AM »
I am making a more defined SPAM block list. I'm annoyed I have to do it but forums are where good data can be discovered so to me it's worth it.