Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Harvesting rainwater is/was illegal  (Read 1057 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Harvesting rainwater is/was illegal
« on: June 15, 2018, 06:38:14 PM »
https://source.colostate.edu/extension-offers-fact-sheet-on-how-to-harvest-rainwater-under-new-colorado-rules/
Colorado has been the only state with an outright ban on residential rain barrels and one of just four states that restrict rainwater harvesting.

Water law experts say rain barrels are only technically illegal, because proving they injure the water rights of other users is nearly impossible.
Can you believe this non-sense lol
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
  • Heavy Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: Harvesting rainwater is/was illegal
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2018, 09:15:15 PM »
https://source.colostate.edu/extension-offers-fact-sheet-on-how-to-harvest-rainwater-under-new-colorado-rules/
Colorado has been the only state with an outright ban on residential rain barrels and one of just four states that restrict rainwater harvesting.

Water law experts say rain barrels are only technically illegal, because proving they injure the water rights of other users is nearly impossible.

the only way i could see anyone having a problem with it is mosquitoes. people make big deals about everything today. i dont even see an argument for why not 2. you would conserve water by using rain barrels to water your plants and not use the public water supply.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:03:11 AM »

the only way i could see anyone having a problem with it is mosquitoes. people make big deals about everything today. i dont even see an argument for why not 2. you would conserve water by using rain barrels to water your plants and not use the public water supply.
On that website is shows a picture of a barrel (looks like garbage pale) with a screen over it which I thought was for leaves, stick, and other things including bugs.

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
  • Heavy Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 08:59:18 AM »

On that website is shows a picture of a barrel (looks like garbage pale) with a screen over it which I thought was for leaves, stick, and other things including bugs.

someone's wife high must have complained about it.

Offline andyassur

• Global Moderator
  • Heavy Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2018, 09:04:11 AM »

i remember right before y2k my grandfather got a rain barrel because he thought that y2k was going to be a big deal. and he just wanted to be able to flush his toilet. my mom complained about it. he also didn't have it cover or anything.

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2018, 08:52:14 PM »

i remember right before y2k my grandfather got a rain barrel because he thought that y2k was going to be a big deal. and he just wanted to be able to flush his toilet. my mom complained about it. he also didn't have it cover or anything.
Hahahahaha that's actually amazing lol. The closet I had was an ex dad had a well pump installed. He used the shit out of that "free" water.