Author Topic: C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled  (Read 575 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled
« on: July 16, 2018, 07:44:27 PM »
I normally don't post political issue involving stuff on daily news but I thought this was funny how this lady rants on like a person who just listens to controversy while contradicting that she didn't like someone for a reason but likes someone who does the same thing (as reported in the news). Don't take my post as taking a side because its only to point out this lady's bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/07/16/this-c-span-caller-thinks-russia-meddled-and-shes-glad-about-it/?utm_term=.3c4e191f8681

Might be easier to listen to the video with the actual voice.

This C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled, and she’s glad about it

Just a few minutes after President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin emerged from their closed-door meeting  Monday, and before their news conference, a caller from Connecticut connected to C-SPAN's “Washington Journal.”

“I'll try not to sound too awful, but I want to thank the Russians for interfering with our election to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president,” said the caller.

That's right — a caller on a U.S. television show thanking a foreign adversary for influencing the democratic process.

The caller seemed to be a big Trump supporter and went on to say that Clinton “has got illusions of grandeur, and so has her husband.”

But hidden in her unhappiness with Clinton as a candidate was a surprising assertion: The caller also seemed convinced that Russia did, in fact, interfere with the election — something Trump has attempted to deny at every turn.

“I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be [Russia],” Trump said during his news conference with Putin on Monday. “I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

That's a line Trump has kept since Russian interference in the election was first revealed. But the C-SPAN caller — who clearly hated the idea of a Hillary Clinton presidency — seemed to take it as a positive for the candidate she supported. She didn't just excuse foreign intervention in the election; she openly applauded it.

When asked to clarify whether she thought Russian election interference gave the presidency to Trump, the caller responded: “Yes, because the Russians interfered. I mean, what would we do with Hillary in that White House?”
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline andyassur

• Administrator
  • Heavy Contributor
    • View Profile
Re: C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:43:20 AM »
I normally don't post political issue involving stuff on daily news but I thought this was funny how this lady rants on like a person who just listens to controversy while contradicting that she didn't like someone for a reason but likes someone who does the same thing (as reported in the news). Don't take my post as taking a side because its only to point out this lady's bias.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/07/16/this-c-span-caller-thinks-russia-meddled-and-shes-glad-about-it/?utm_term=.3c4e191f8681

Might be easier to listen to the video with the actual voice.

This C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled, and she’s glad about it

Just a few minutes after President Trump and Russian President Vladimir Putin emerged from their closed-door meeting  Monday, and before their news conference, a caller from Connecticut connected to C-SPAN's “Washington Journal.”

“I'll try not to sound too awful, but I want to thank the Russians for interfering with our election to stop Hillary Clinton from becoming president,” said the caller.

That's right — a caller on a U.S. television show thanking a foreign adversary for influencing the democratic process.

The caller seemed to be a big Trump supporter and went on to say that Clinton “has got illusions of grandeur, and so has her husband.”

But hidden in her unhappiness with Clinton as a candidate was a surprising assertion: The caller also seemed convinced that Russia did, in fact, interfere with the election — something Trump has attempted to deny at every turn.

“I will say this: I don’t see any reason why it would be [Russia],” Trump said during his news conference with Putin on Monday. “I have great confidence in my intelligence people, but I will tell you that President Putin was extremely strong and powerful in his denial today.”

That's a line Trump has kept since Russian interference in the election was first revealed. But the C-SPAN caller — who clearly hated the idea of a Hillary Clinton presidency — seemed to take it as a positive for the candidate she supported. She didn't just excuse foreign intervention in the election; she openly applauded it.

When asked to clarify whether she thought Russian election interference gave the presidency to Trump, the caller responded: “Yes, because the Russians interfered. I mean, what would we do with Hillary in that White House?”

i really havent been following this that closely. i will try not to rant. this women clearly has issues. i dont know if russia hacked our election but what i do know is this john pedista's password was some variation of "password".  russian ip address were used. which if i was the russian government i would have used a vpn or if i wanted it to look like russia i would use a russian ip address. russia exports malware doesnt mean that it was the russian goverment.

if i was a nation state actor what i would use social media to divide the country and not worry about the out come of an election but rather have a nation divided. which is what we have. rome fell apart internally, and history repeats it self. thats what is most concerning to me.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Re: C-SPAN caller thinks Russia meddled
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:00 AM »
i really havent been following this that closely. i will try not to rant. this women clearly has issues. i dont know if russia hacked our election but what i do know is this john pedista's password was some variation of "password".  russian ip address were used. which if i was the russian government i would have used a vpn or if i wanted it to look like russia i would use a russian ip address. russia exports malware doesnt mean that it was the russian goverment.

if i was a nation state actor what i would use social media to divide the country and not worry about the out come of an election but rather have a nation divided. which is what we have. rome fell apart internally, and history repeats it self. thats what is most concerning to me.
Fair summary and great example with Rome. Pretty much whats happening from a new age POV.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein