Author Topic: Microsoft Chrome browser to replace Edge  (Read 149 times)

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Microsoft Chrome browser to replace Edge
« on: December 04, 2018, 11:28:53 PM »
"Microsoft is building its own Chromium browser to replace the default on Windows 10."

I saw this and my jaw dropped alittle lol. What happened to their app based browser?

LINK

"While the modern look and feel has paid off for Edge, the underlying browser engine (EdgeHTML) has struggled to keep up with Chromium. Microsoft is finally giving up and moving its default Windows 10 browser to Chromium."
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Re: Microsoft Chrome browser to replace Edge
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 12:45:21 PM »
So here it is!!! MS finally released their Chromium based browser.
https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/

I already downloaded it so I can stay "in the know" and it's ok. Seems pretty stable and has that MS Edge feel to it. I think this is what MS ultimately wanted it to be in the first place.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 12:56:09 PM »
So according to a Wiki article, the new "Chromium-Based Edge" will based off Chromium, when it's really a sub of something called "Blink" which is still developed by Google's open source project. I'm guessing mainly for Chromium which ultimately is for Google Chrome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_web_browsers

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 11:14:33 AM »
I've since then upgraded to the BETA release. Seems super stable and I'm loving what I'm seeing. When this gets fully implemented into Windows it will no doubt give Google Chrome a run for its money.