Author Topic: Boy Scouts Consider Bankruptcy  (Read 303 times)

Offline andyassur

• Administrator
  • Heavy Contributor
    • View Profile
Boy Scouts Consider Bankruptcy
« on: December 14, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-12-13/boy-scouts-of-america-weighs-bankruptcy-options-amid-sexual-abuse-lawsuits
The Boys Scouts of America is weighing a bankruptcy declaration amid growing costs from lawsuits over how the organization handled sexual misconduct allegations.

if that isnt bad enough. girls scouts are suing them as well

Boy Scouts of America is also facing an unrelated trademark lawsuit from the Girl Scouts of America, claiming its decision to allow girls in some of its programs will cause confusion and hurt Girl Scouts enrollment.
Thirty spokes are joined in the wheel's hub.
The hole in the middle makes it useful.

...the value comes from what is there,
But the use comes from what is not there.

-Tao Te Ching  chapter 11

Offline jdaniele

• Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Re: Boy Scouts Consider Bankruptcy
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 06:25:14 PM »
Oh I heard about this

https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2018-12-13/boy-scouts-of-america-weighs-bankruptcy-options-amid-sexual-abuse-lawsuits
The Boys Scouts of America is weighing a bankruptcy declaration amid growing costs from lawsuits over how the organization handled sexual misconduct allegations.

if that isnt bad enough. girls scouts are suing them as well

Boy Scouts of America is also facing an unrelated trademark lawsuit from the Girl Scouts of America, claiming its decision to allow girls in some of its programs will cause confusion and hurt Girl Scouts enrollment.

To be fair, it's a functional reason.
Filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection would stop the pending lawsuits while the organization attempts to settle with the victims.
I don't blame them. As for the Girl Scouts saying, "will cause confusion and hurt Girl Scouts enrollment" seems odd. I mean that's like saying, I'm just going to sue someone just because someone likes another business more. If they did steal a trademark then pay up but the comment about enrollment should get thrown out in my opinion.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein