Author Topic: LIFX Bulbs Firmware update 3.50 issue  (Read 34 times)

September 19, 2019, 04:02:28 PM
Read 34 times

jdaniele

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
Almost a year ago I posted a thread about my Lifx smart bulbs not working and now I'm having a new issue after the latest update. The update came out about a week ago. I think it firmware version 3.50 and my White A19 and Dusk A19 bulbs were working amazing since the update in December 2018 but ever since about a week ago September 2019 they only work locally. I can control them fairly ok inside my home but as soon as my phone is off the wifi they appear to be disconnected. My girlfriend is home at the sametime and her phone controls them so I know it has to be a cloud issue. My Google Home account sees maybe one bulb here and there but mostly keeps failing. The dusk bulb seems to stay on the most but not consistent. The dusk is on a timer in the app and sometimes wonít change and sometimes will. My wifi is super strong and all the bulbs on are the same wifi as they were before. Iím a computer technician and Iíve installed a ton of your bulbs without an issue. All signs point to this being a cloud issue. I posted about it in the Lifx Community so hopefully I get a reply.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

September 21, 2019, 08:33:57 AM
Reply #1

jdaniele

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
so far it doesn't seem that Lifx is doing much. They don't feel anything is wrong despite multi people are complaining. I have since removed control from my Google Home system and will reconnect when the Lifx cloud function is restored.
"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." - Albert Einstein

October 03, 2019, 08:36:25 AM
Reply #2

jdaniele

• Information Offline
  • Administrator
  • Never stop questioning
    • View Profile
    • JeremyDaniele.com
So after waiting a few weeks, power cycling my bulbs one-by-one, then completely resyncing them to my Google Home my system seems to be working again. I hate random failing without a full diagnosed reason.